Smash is one of the reliable Kodi repositories. In simple terms, a repository is a place where addons source files are stored. A repository can store and organize countless addons. Installing addons from the repository helps to user to update the addons with a single click. Now in this article, we will go through the steps to install a repository.
Step to install the Smash repository:
1. Open the Kodi window and choose the Setting (gear) icon at the top corner of the Desktop
2. It will take you to the Setting window. Select the File Manager icon from the system settings window.
3. File Manager window will appear, and it contains two sections. Double-click on the Add Source folder.
4. A popup window will be opened namely Add file Source. Select <None>.
5. Another popup window will open. In that section, You should type Smash repo URL “http://mediarepos.org/kodistuff/” (Without any mistake) and Click OK button.
6. In the same window, Click on the “Enter a name for this media source,” and enter the name as “Smash Repo” and select Ok button.
7. Return to the home screen, and choose the Addon menu8. Addon section will appear, in that, select the package installer icon (viewed as an open box) at the left top corner of the screen.
9.In the addon browser window, select the Install from Zip file.
11. A pop up window will appear, select the Zip file “Smash Repo → reposmash.zip.”
12. Now, Smash Repository is installing. After successful installation, it will show a message as “Smash Repo addon installed.”
13. If you are in the addon browse page, select the Install from repository. Or use ESC key to navigate back to addon browser page.
14. From the list of the repository, select the Smash Repo.
15. Under the Smash Repo, you can see the list of category like Addon repository, Context menu, Look & feel, Music addons, Program addon, Video addons, services.
- Video addon is the most popular category. It contains the addon such as 1Channel, Gurzil, Exodus, f4mTester, SportsAccess, Stream All the Sources, YouTube and more.
- Select any of the addons and install it.
That’s all about the steps for the initialization of Smash repo. Kindly do the comments below in case of any clarifications.